DelegatesIP delegates are volunteers who:
- Want to provide hope and opportunity to people living in poverty;
- Seek real-life, meaningful adventures that genuinely improve the lives of people, society and themselves;
- Are looking for a unique experience that goes beyond an everyday trip or an ordinary vacation.
- Most teams consist of high school or college age youth.
- Individual adults can join a youth delegation or become part of an adult team.
- Groups of adults can form their own service team.
- Organizations can organize and schedule their own group.
- Individuals with special expertise are (e.g., professionals in health, education, engineering, agriculture) are welcome and can make special arrangements to participate.
- University Study Abroad Programs
How to EnrollInternational Partners accepts applications from individuals who want to participate in one of several ways.
Open Service Teams
An open service team is for individuals who want to join a delegation. Steps to enroll in a delegation include:
- Checking our Calendar for trip dates,
- Reading about the application process here,
- Filling out and submitting the Trip Application form and paying your processing fee online by clicking the button below:
- Downloading and completing all required forms by going to Required Forms.
Special delegations are groups of individuals (from universities, clubs, alumni associations, religious groups, friendship circles, etc.) who want to form their own delegation and customize your trip to meet your group’s goals. You can go at one of the prearranged times established in our calendar or work with representatives from International Partners to set your own dates. Click on How to Enroll Your Group to find out more about how to organize your own delegation.
Our Team Leaders
Team Leaders are experienced in international service trips, bi-lingual, trained, and supported by field coordinators.
To participate you must:
- Be at least 16 years old and in good health,
- Be willing and able to work hard, live in poor, rural community, and function effectively as part of a team in a community,
- Return your application with a $100 non-refundable processing fee by the deadline,
- Participate in training and orientation activities established for your group,
- Pay as indicated in payment schedule; balance in full is due at least a month prior to your trip departure date.